The Marlboro Community Center is excited to announce a new program starting in February to support remote learning during the pandemic. The Remote Learning Study Hall will be open to all Marlboro families with students in grades 7-12. The Study Hall will provide a chaperoned environment with reliable wi-fi access. Academic support will not be provided. A chaperone will be hired to supervise students & ensure that everyone is following Covid-19 safety guidelines & behavior guidelines.
The Study Hall will run Monday – Thursday, from 8am – 12pm each day at the Community Center (524 South Rd). There are nine student slots available each day. Priority will be given to 7th & 8th graders for the Monday slots. Students will be asked to sign-up a month ahead of time, and are welcome to sign up for as many days as they like. Students will be able to drop-in if there is space available, and they obtain permission from the MCC Coordinator.
There is a maximum occupancy of 10 people inside the Community Center. Students & families will be asked to follow specific Covid-19 safety guidelines such as mask-wearing, distancing, contact tracing, & screening. Students will be expected to be responsible for their own schoolwork and for creating a safe environment in which everyone is able to focus & learn.
The Community Center is able to provide this program thanks to a generous grant from the Vermont Community Development Program. Prior to the start of the program, we will be upgrading our HVAC system for better ventilation and air filtration. We will be hiring a chaperone as well. We would also like to hear from you about what you might need to make this program accessible and successful for your students.
Please Jamie, MCC Interim-coordinator, if your family would like to participate and/or with any questions and feedback! MarlboroCommunityCenter@gmail.com
Study Hall Chaperone
The Marlboro Community Center is hiring a Chaperone for it’s new Remote Learning Study Hall Program. The Study Hall will be open to all Marlboro residents grades 7th-12th, and will provide a supervised environment with reliable wi-fi for students on their remote learning days during the remainder of the 20/21 school year. Applicants should send a letter of interest describing qualifications & past work experience to MarlboroCommunityCenter@gmail.com.
The Chaperone’s responsibilities include:
- Supervise a maximum of 9 students
- Foster a safe & positive learning environment
- Supervise & enforce covid-19 safety protocols for students & families
- Maintain attendance records
- Set up & break down & cleaning as needed
- Work with the MCC Coordinator for scheduling
- Experience working with teenage youth
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong work ethic & self-management skills
- Obtain background check & child abuse clearances prior to start date
- Complete VOSHA covid-19 training prior to start date
Hours & Compensation:
- 5-20 hours/week; $15/hour; independent contractor
- Daily Hours for the position are 7:30am – 12:30pm.
- The program is being offered Monday – Thursday, however the weekly schedule of the Chaperone will be determined by student participation in the program.
- The position is temporary, ending in mid-June.